Columbus Compensation Association
Presentation: 2021 Trends and Issues in Sales Compensation Planning and Design and how COVID has Changed Strategies
Presented by Joseph DiMisa, CSCP, Senior Client Partner, Korn Ferry
11:15 AM Virtual Lobby Open
11:30 AM Speaker Presentation
An open discussion around Trends and Patterns in Sales Compensation and Awards & Recognition and how COVID has changed the thinking. Attendees will hear about movements to revenue and service-based plans, the mechanics behind these measures (e.g. linkages, caps, and thresholds) and new monetary and non-monetary award and recognition programs. Specific topic areas include:
- What growth is expected in organizations in 2021?
- What is happening with pay levels?
- What plan changes are being considered?
- Which compensation plan works best and in what situation?
- How are SPIFF and award perks being used today?
Joseph DiMisa, CSCP Senior Client Partner and Global Sales Force Effectiveness & Rewards Advisory Leader
Delivering results for clients
- Mr. DiMisa is a Senior Client Partner and the Leader of Korn Ferry’s Sales Effectiveness Practice. He is based in the firm’s Atlanta office.
- Mr. DiMisa works with leading companies to develop and implement sales strategies and sales effectiveness programs that drive profitable growth. He specializes in the design and implementation of sales management solutions that increase sales and profits for clients.
- Over his twenty years, Mr. DiMisa has worked with many companies to develop new go-to-marketing strategies for growth planning and revenue productivity. He has worked across many industries to help build customer-based sales strategies, select and organize distribution channels, create performance management and incentive structures and execute growth requirements across a range of marketing and selling environments.
- Mr. DiMisa has over 20 years of experience working with Fortune 500 companies, middle market organizations, private equity firms and small business/startup organizations on all aspects of sales, marketing, and customer service effectiveness.
- Prior to joining, Joe was a Senior Vice President and Sales Effectiveness Practice Leader at Sibson Consulting. Additionally, he has worked at various Fortune 50 companies in sales, marketing and managerial positions.
- He is a recognized thought leader and a well-known contributor to many business periodicals including the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, WorldatWork publications, Selling Power magazine, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) publications and Sales & Marketing Management magazine. He is also author of a best-selling business book entitled The Fisherman's Guide to Selling: Reeling in the Sale - Hook, Line and Sinker (Adams Media 2007) and Sales Compensation Made Simple (WorldatWork Press 2009)
Academic and Professional background
Mr. DiMisa holds an MBA from the University of South Florida. He is a Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) and is a trusted trainer and advisor for WorldatWork's "Elements of Sales Compensation“, "Competitive Market Pay: Pricing Critical Sales Roles" certification courses and the “Sales Compensation 101” foundational course.
WorldatWork Press Adams Media
December 2009 March 2007