This is a unique and exciting time to join Express. Since launching our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have been steadily advancing a transformation from being known as a store in the mall to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community. We believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to make people look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel, and our Express brand purpose – We Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression – speaks to the role our brand can play in their lives. In 2021, we introduced our innovative Community Commerce program, inviting brand fans and style enthusiasts to take their passion for fashion to the next level by working with us.
Today, we are building, activating and amplifying the Express styling community, and we invite you to join us. Our culture is defined by three values – Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success – and every associate at every level in every department is an important part of our transformation and our future.
For more information about Express, Inc. please visit www.express.com.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Compensation Consultant drives company-wide compensation programs including base pay and incentive compensation. Consults with HR peers and business leaders to assess, design, influence and execute our compensation program. Takes ownership for maintaining and applying market data to meet the needs of the business.
- Uses competitive market data and knowledge of trends to consult with leadership, HR peers and cross functional groups to assist in the design, development, execution, and administration of compensation programs
- Acts in an advisory capacity on pay issues, classification of positions, hiring salaries and the proper application of policies
- Administers Annual Rewards Process and Incentive Compensation
- Prepares analyses, materials and recommendations to ensure that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency
- Participates in compensations surveys, conducts benchmarking and best practices analyses and develops recommendations
- Monitors compensation trends, pending legislation/regulations, governance issues, and new requirements in order to keep senior leadership advised of any potential implications to company programs and policies
- Ensures compensation programs are designed and managed in a fiscally responsible way that supports business strategy/operations and complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Develop and deliver compensation-related education and training
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years HR experience with background in Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 4 years additional work experience in lieu of
Critical Skills & Attributes
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong business acumen, problem solving skills, mathematical/analytical and technical skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Interested? Apply here!