BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
In this national role, the Performance and Compensation (P&C) Analyst plays an integral role in maintaining and evaluating firmwide compensation and performance programs for BDO USA, LLP. Key responsibilities include:
- Formulates innovative recommendations to compensation and performance processes.
- Participates in external market survey for all business lines, supports the annual compensation cycle implementation and internal and external market analysis to aid firm leaders with making data driven decisions.
- Administers job description review process, including but not limited to independently determining exemption status under Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), appropriate EEO-1 classification and recommending solutions to improve process efficiency.
- Supports implementation of firm performance review processes, including, but not limited to continuous goal setting, performance reviews and ensuring associated tools are up to date and available for regional HR teams, employees and leaders.
- Serves as team lead on HCM Cloud solution testing to ensure the system supports business processes and programs. The P&C Analyst also provides end-user system support.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in Business Administration, Human Resources, Labor Relations, or Finance preferred
- Three (3) or more years of Human Resources experience required
- Prior compensation experience required
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis/manipulation required
- Experience interpreting and applying employment regulations, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), required
- Experience evaluating markets and trends affecting pay practices preferred
- Experience working with HCM Cloud systems, including implementation, preferred
- Prior experience in base pay design/administration including job evaluation, benchmarking and market pricing preferred
- Experience with data analytical tools (e.g. Power BI) preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Word required
- HR System experience, including report generation, required
- HRIS system administration strongly preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to create and analyze data efficiently and accurately by utilizing data analysis tools (e.g. vLookups, Pivot Tables, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to meet project deadlines with a strong focus on details
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external client personnel
- Capable of maintain confidential information and matters with discretion
- Experience in variable pay design / administration
- Ability to communicate with all levels of leadership while providing a high level of customer service and confidentiality
- Ability to adapt communication style to successfully convey messages and objectives to diverse audience
Interested? Learn more here!