The Compensation Manager will develop and execute compensation plans and provide compensation analysis and expertise to key stakeholders (Senior leaders, HR/People Business Partners and Talent Acquisition) throughout the Safelite Group organization. As a senior member of the Compensation team, this position leads projects, collaborates with business partners, and executes on compensation goals tied to Safelite’s People strategy.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Develops, communicates, and administers competitive compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan and process revisions as well as modernized, new cost-effective solutions, consistent with market trends and corporate objectives
- Leads the development and application of job analysis, job descriptions, market pricing and grading to determine relative job worth.
- Collaborates with People Business Partners, business leaders, and other organizational partners to advise and influence compensation decisions, policies, and provide recommendations on compensation decisions.
- Develops and delivers communications (via PowerPoint, Excel, Word) for leaders and associates on compensation projects that support the business strategy and organizational goals. Able to explain complex programs in simple, easy to understand formats.
- Leads the annual salary planning process, including the annual company budgeting process & the annual merit cycle.
- Leads compensation projects in collaboration with colleagues throughout the Company and/or outside vendors. Develops timelines and project plans and is accountable for the performance against project goals. May provide guidance to other team members; proactively sharing knowledge, use of tools, processes and methodologies in complex research, data collection and analytics.
- Ensures pay programs follow all Federal, State, and local compensation laws and regulations, and with established guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Other duties assigned by leadership.
- 7+ years of related compensation experience, including design of incentive compensation plans, merit planning, job pricing, and pay administration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Expert proficiency in Excel required
- Experience with HCM system – ADP a plus.
- Retail industry or multi-state/location organization experience preferred
- Self-motivated, organized problem solver with strong process and project-management skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a sensitivity to confidentiality. Thoughtful and analytical, driving actionable strategies based on data.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization with the ability to influence through effective written and verbal communication.
- Prior experience in compensation systems preferred.