Support the HR department for compensation and benefit administration through working closely with the Compensation Manager and Benefits Manager to complete key HR initiatives. Compensation administration includes short term incentive modeling and plan creation, merit process, compensation surveys, commission calculations, market data reviews and various compensation reporting. Benefit administration includes handling employee benefit concerns, new hire benefit eligibility, benefit file feeds with carriers, monthly reporting and billing. Provides additional support to the human resources department in other areas such as HRIS, process improvement, compliance and other activities as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create short term incentive plans, model scenarios for planning and projections throughout the year.
· Calculates and audits commission payments on a bi-weekly basis in conjunction with
· Participates in market salary surveys. Conducts job analysis and market pricing positions to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity.
· Assists with the administration of executive compensation programs to include stock options, required compliance calculations and share authorization.
· Prepare reports for merit increase process annually and ensure mass changes are accurately updated in the HRIS system.
· Develops and maintains recurring and ad hoc reporting to include quarterly HR metrics.
· Assists in calculating the annual award achievement and assists with the award process annually.
· Assists with employee communications and administrative processing regarding employee benefits, including new hire eligibility, and annual open enrollment process.
· Ensures that data feeds to vendors are accurate and timely and monitors to ensure files are updated in a timely manner.
· Provides compliance reporting for State and Local regulatory requirements that relate to benefits, including all ACA requirements. Annually complete ACA required forms.
· Develops standard and ad hoc reports to analyze benefits. Collects and analyzes data for external benefit surveys.
· Conducts research and stays current with compensation and benefit, legislative and regulatory trends.
· Assist with special projects as requested and performs additional duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or other business-related discipline required (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience in the analysis, design, and/or administration of compensation programs; with at least 2 years’ experience utilizing data analysis skills. Compensation experience with a Public Company a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, compliance and procedures within the Compensation/HR field.
· Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Must be able to maintain data accuracy.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Access and Excel – including advanced functions.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities within time constraints and deadlines; function well under pressure.
· Knowledge of benefit plan concepts, practices, and procedures as it relates to self and fully insured plans.
· Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor when handling difficult or sensitive situations.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of people inside and outside of organization.
· Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures.
· High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.