The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for providing a full range of compensation analysis and consulting services to key stakeholders (functional leaders, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and other HR teams) including consultation on base pay, job classification, market pricing, pay for performance and incentive compensation, as well as organizational staffing needs in alignment with business strategies and market trends.
This role will serve as an internal subject matter expert on program design and delivery, provide key input on compensation projects, and apply continuous improvement initiatives to support the overall business strategy. The Senior Compensation Analyst will play an integral role in supporting the development and implementation of the company's compensation framework (philosophy, salary structures, etc.).
- Develops and administers all aspects of the compensation program which includes base pay and incentive programs and policies to support assigned customer groups that are cost effective, consistent with market trends and organization objectives.
- Serves as an advisor to Talent Acquisition, PBP's, and managers in compensation matters, including: market and economic trends, organizational structures, job leveling, market pricing, job classification, compensation offers or salary administration to ensure alignment with business strategy and compensation philosophy.
- Conducts analyses for a variety of compensation programs, within assigned customer groups, by:
- Leading and/or participating in project teams in support of various business initiatives.
- Administering and communicating incentive payouts.
- Conducting special studies or ad-hoc analysis to support the business strategy and planning.
- Modeling financial, operational and productivity metrics in support of new & existing compensation program(s).
- Offering insights and recommendations for compensation design or alternative modeling.
- Supports the annual salary planning process, including the annual company budgeting process & the annual merit cycle. Leads and provides direct support to assigned customer groups.
- Analyzes company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates. Educates managers and HR staff on concerns; escalates issues as needed.
Contact Amy Fastrich at email@example.com or (614)-210-9367 to apply
- 5+ years of related compensation experience, including design of incentive compensation plans, merit planning, job pricing, and pay administration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Expert proficiency in Excel required. MS Access skills are preferred.
- Experience with HCM systems
- CCP preferred
- Retail industry or multi-state/location organization experience preferred
- Self-motivated, organized problem solver with strong process and project-management skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a sensitivity to confidentiality. Thoughtful and analytical, driving actionable strategies based on data.
- Ability to provide an advisory and consultative approach and influence through effective written and verbal communication.
- Prior experience in compensation systems preferred (market pricing tools, such as Pay Factors).