The Global Total Rewards Analyst will have a key role in supporting the strategic initiatives for the Global Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE), which includes Compensation, Retirement Benefits and Health and Welfare Benefits for Hexion. This position will contribute to the COE by (i) researching cutting edge market trends, (ii) analyzing the incorporation of new offerings, (iii) analyzing how our current offerings fit into the global marketplace, (iv) creating C-suite level information, (v) managing projects in a matrixed environment, and (vi) supporting a holistic view of Total Rewards.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Programs and Policy
- Review Hexion’s current programs and establish and maintain a picture of where Hexion is situated within the competitive market. Conduct/oversee/gather market analysis to ensure competitiveness.
- Analyze the costs of our programs and make suggestions to reduce cost and increase value.
- Apply knowledge of competitive practices to the review of policies and ensure those policies align with the mission of the organization. Include new ways to better communicate current policy for better adherence and understanding.
- Research emerging trends and make recommendations to leadership.
- Support the continuous improvement of existing Total Rewards programs as well as assist with the design of new Total Rewards programs that support the objectives of the organization and fit the culture.
- Assist in creating buy-in to changes that will require the creation and presentation of materials to various HR groups and company leadership.
- Develop change management and milestone plans to execute the delivery of new programs. Provide context and training to constituents to ensure a smooth transition of any new programs.
- Develop excellent relationship and communications with the HR Process Owner (HRPO) and HR Service Center (HRSC) teams, and other internal partners.
- Act as a “Level 3” final escalation point for the HR Process Owner group for issues that have the most complexity.
- Provide support in preparation of presentation materials for Hexion’s compensation and benefits governance committees.
- Take minutes for the Global Benefits and Investment Committee meetings, manage follow-up items, and coordinate agenda with vendors.
- Support the Global Benefits Management process by collaborating with Hexion and our consultant/broker partner on needs and in regular touch points.
- Project manage the various initiatives in the COE.
- Support RFP process for Total Rewards services, collaborating with HRPO, Procurement, Legal and other teams.
- Support equity program design and grants.
- Support executive compensation disclosure required for SEC filings.
Minimum of 6-9 years of experience
Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
Ability to take initiative and work independently in a matrix environment
Ability to manage competing priorities
Experience with Project Management
Ability to influence without authority
Experience with Change Management
Excellent written and verbal communication with experience in Corporate-wide Communications
Organized and self-directed
Strong attention to detail with a high level of personal ownership
Ability to work across the globe with people of different cultures, generations and experience levels.
Must be able to be flexible/agile in a changing environment and unexpected priority changes.
Experience in two or more of compensation, executive/equity compensation, health and welfare, retirement, general HR, or similar.
Working knowledge of SuccessFactors HCM system
Certified Compensation or Benefits Professional (CCP, ACCP, GRP, CECP, CBP, CEBS), Certified HR Professional (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Business or other relevant discipline
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.