The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace to Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Senior Compensation Analyst supports the design and administration of Express’ base pay and short-term incentive programs. Will participate in efforts to "remodel" the house by ensuring compensation programs are competitive by participating in compensation surveys, analyzing market data and recommending pay grade changes. Performs benchmarking and consults and partners with HR and business leaders on issues concerning job evaluation, pay, internal equity and organizational changes. Analyzes complex issues, transactions, and projects independently as well as collaboratively with cross functional team members. Works effectively in a team environment interacting with all levels of the organization. Ensures compliance with country and local regulations and provides support for variable compensation and other reward programs.
Market Analysis & Consulting
- Partners with management, Human Resources and other functional groups to develop and communicate cash compensation programs that support the business.
- Presents information to HR and functional groups across the organization regarding compensation topics. Ensures understanding of compensation-related programs and practices through development and delivery of ongoing education and training.
- Leads moderately complex compensation projects and serves as compensation representative on HR and organization-wide initiatives.
- · Participates in compensations surveys, conducts benchmarking and best practices analyses and develops recommendations.
- · Conducts job evaluations for assigned areas of the business to ensure market competitiveness and internal equity.
Reporting & Compliance
- Utilizes audits, reports and analysis to ensure that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency.
- Administers compensation programs and processes. Including the annual compensation planning process and annual and seasonal incentives.
- Maintain systems and policies. Provides consistent guidance on policy or procedural matters to HR, manager and associates.
- Provides analytical support in developing and maintaining international compensation programs and policies.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Experience: 4-6 years’ experience in the compensation field or related area
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access and database management skills
- Strong analytical skills including advanced math and statistical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Highly collaborative with the capability to build cross-functional relationships
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to easily translate analytical data to cross functional partners at all levels of the organization
- Keen attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification or working towards certification preferred
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in a fast-paced retail environment
- Human Resources Information Management systems experience. PeopleSoft experience preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.