As a Compensation Manager with Worthington Industries, you will be responsible for the management of the compensation team and all WI compensation programs. You will direct analytical tasks to support the WI compensation and HR strategy for effective management decision-making and oversee annual external market studies to maintain market competitive compensation structures. You will work closely with BUs, Finance/Accounting, Legal, HR Business Partners, Payroll and outside consultants to ensure programs are effective, accurately administered and compliant with all applicable government regulations. Will provide recommendations for incentive plan design changes to senior leadership, as necessary. Presents to a wide-variety of audiences on compensation topics. Scope of responsibility spans from production to senior-level executive compensation.
- Oversees design, implementation and administration of all compensation programs and processes, including, but not limited to: annual market reviews and merit processes, profit sharing, short term and long term incentives and equity compensation. This includes responsibility for and evaluation of compensation programs across all employee groups (broad-based, sales and executive).
- Lead, motivate and develop compensation team. Establish priorities and direction to team and address resource challenges.
- Research trends and implications for compensation programs. Provide ongoing evaluation of compensation programs to ensure ability to attract and retain talent and alignment with HR and WI strategy.
- Provide guidance to HR and managers on highly complex compensation issues and educate on sound compensation practices. Develop training materials to facilitate learning and consistent practices across WI and present on compensation topics to a wide-variety of audiences.
- Build strong relationships with HR Business Partners and key stakeholders in the business to understand challenges, provide solutions and drive change.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of compensation, human resources, financial analysis related experience
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify solutions to complex challenges
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid understanding of market analysis methodology
- Strong math and statistics skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships at all levels within the Company
- Leadership experience
- CCP certification preferred
To be considered, please visit our career center to formally apply online.