What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
- Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
- Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
- Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
- Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
Under general supervision, implement the organization's compensation programs following established standards and policies so these programs are administered effectively and in accordance with the organization’s reward strategy. Administer the company's compensation programs in accordance with established policies so that employees receive the appropriate compensation for their position. Responsible for assisting with all aspects within the compensation team, including all annual processes (Merit, Bonus, etc.) and weekly processes (promotions, job offers, etc.). Lead North American compensation initiatives and strategic projects across US & Canada Honda companies.
- Lead the exempt equity review process
- Lead the Merit Process from system setup to payout to associates
- Support the non-exempt wage increase process
- Lead bonus process, including systems setup, auditing and payout
- Lead the compensation planning with other US and Canada Honda companies to plan for merit budget each fiscal year
- Lead and participate in North American Compensation projects and initiatives to drive compensation strategic initiatives
- Lead and facilitate quarterly North American compensation meetings
- Utilize MarketPay to benchmark jobs to the market
- Support internal movement process as needed
- Provide support and direction to leadership as needed
- Compile market data reports when requested
- Support executive compensation (i.e., promotions and merit)
- Assists leaders in communicating the Company’s total compensation package to employees, including cash and non-cash compensation
- Provide shared service support to other Honda companies in the US and Canada to assist with PeopleSoft entry, create job offers, etc.
- Reviewing and approving Position Profiles (job descriptions) to ensure that roles are exempt, the level is appropriate, and correct external job title is selected
- Completing job offers by evaluating market, internal equity and the candidates experience
- Support and lead any annual processes or additional project work as needed
- Provide support and answer questions to associates and manager as needed
- Provide support and answer questions to other US and Canada Honda companies as needed
- Administer Inter-Company Transfer forms for associates moving between Honda companies
- Administrator for MarketPay system (grant new user access, provide training as needed)
- Present to management and executives about compensation related items
What you need to be successful in this role
- Ability to verbally communicate with others in order to coach and lead
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to market price
- Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to handle complex problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation pertaining to employment, compensation and other related human resources functions
- Strong HR System experience
- Strong MS Office Skills
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years compensation experience
- BS/BA Human Resources, Psychology, or applicable field in related coursework, or equivalent combination education and/or work experience
- Primary location is Honda Heritage Center, Marysville Ohio
- Domestic travel required 2 – 4 times / year for 2-4 nights each trip, may require additional travel for training
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays
To Formally Apply & Submit Resume: Please visit www.honda.com/careers and search for keyword HNA0000ZL