Reports to: Compensation Director
Founded in 1866 as The Huntington National Bank, today Huntington Bancshares Incorporated still operates from the same Columbus, Ohio founding location in the heart of the Midwest. As of September 30, 2018, Huntington Bancshares Incorporated is a $106 billion asset regional bank holding company.
The Compensation Analyst, working under direct supervision, is responsible for supporting the analysis, development, implementation, and administration of market competitive total rewards programs that are designed to attract and retain talent. This role provides analytical and administrative support to all aspects of compensation, including base pay management, short-term and long-term incentive plan design and administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares reports and analysis of data related to compensation
- Creates, documents, administers, and communicates compensation policies, procedures, and/or guidelines
- Performs various data audits to contribute to the effective administration of new and existing compensation programs
- Assists in the preparation of materials and PowerPoint presentations for Committee review, including Incentive Compensation Oversight Committee and Compensation Committee of the Board
- Identifies and/or provides input on process improvements or to establish processes for new programs
- Assists in the review and analysis of compensation programs, including incentive compensation plans, to ensure alignment with the organization's risk management framework and adherence with regulatory requirements
- Interacts regularly with internal and external partners which can include HR, Audit, Legal, Finance, Compliance, Credit Administration, and Risk Management, on all compensation matters
- Stays abreast of industry and functional best practices and trends related to compensation and total rewards by attending compensation meetings, seminars, and webinars or through other means of learning
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of one year of experience in Human Resources or Finance is required.
- Completion or pursuit of Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and capabilities with attention to detail
- Experience with Excel, Access, SharePoint, PowerPoint, CompAnalyst, and HRIS systems (Workday)
- Strong written communication skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to take direction and work independently or as a team to complete tasks
To apply, please go to our Careers page at www.huntington.com and apply to requisition 25920.