General Summary: The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for the analysis, development, implementation and administration of market competitive total reward programs for Stores, Home Office and Distribution Center. Provide analytical support to all aspects of compensation, including base pay management, short and long-term incentive plan administration.
Reports to: Compensation Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compensation compliance regarding minimum wage, FLSA and other legally mandated items.
- Analyze, implement and administer short-term variable pay programs. Recommend changes where necessary.
- Prepare reports and analysis of data related to compensation.
- Administer executive pay programs including equity and deferred compensation.
- Work with internal and external auditors regarding SOX requests.
- Create, document, administer and communicate compensation policies and procedures.
- Conduct pay for performance analysis and other proactive compensation work and make recommendations for improving DSW’s compensation practices.
- Assist managers in the preparation of job descriptions.
- Conduct in-depth pay for performance audits.
- Collaborate with functional managers, recruiters and HR business partners in the analysis and administration of current compensation programs, to include analyzing and communicating pay administration programs for their respective groups.
- Analyze and recommend annual merit budget based on market and internal analysis.
- Administer annual merit planning process (focal).
- Stay current with in compensation through attending compensation meetings, seminars, etc.
- Analyze job content to determine FLSA exemption status and salary grade assignment based on external market data, internal equity and established compensation guidelines.
- Analyze pay structures annually to ensure market competitiveness.
- Create promotional and adjustment recommendations as well as new hire recommendations.
- Complete pay surveys to ensure market data is valid and useful.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Thorough knowledge of job analysis and evaluation, market pricing and survey participation.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to make sound recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Receive general instruction and guidance while using independent discretion to resolve a variety of moderate to complex issues.
- Five years of compensation experience as a Compensation Analyst or Sr. Compensation Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- Completion or pursuit of CCP designation
- Prior retail or restaurant industry experience
- Experience with Hay job evaluation methodology
- Equity administration experience
- Preparation of materials for Compensation Committee
- Experience with Canadian pay practices and compliance
- Knowledge of Success Factors, Market Pay and ADP