The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family...the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Compensation Manager who will grow at our Corporate Office in Marysville, Ohio.
At Scotts Miracle-Gro, Compensation Managers act as advocates for their business partners and conduct themselves with integrity through their work in support of compensation programs. They have strong interpersonal skills and are approachable, proactive, results oriented, responsive, and trustworthy.
Proven experience directly within the compensation specialty is key to your success in this role, but true success cannot be achieved without having a desire for problem solving, the ability to face challenges head on, developing creative solutions and maintaining flexibility in all situations.
Your contributions to the team will include:
- Assisting in the development, design, communication, implementation and administration of compensation programs, policies and procedures, in support of the business, including:
- Manage compensation survey participation to include partnering with local resources to participate in local and international surveys to obtain regional market data.
- Manage vendor relationships inclusive of third-party administrators.
- Providing compensation support and subject matter expertise as necessary to support the day-to-day needs of our business units.
- Conducting job analysis and benchmarking to ensure competitive positioning of pay levels and overall compensation practices.
- Ensuring compensation programs are administered in compliance with company policies as well as applicable federal and state regulations or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations, and Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines.
- Advising management on compensation actions for employees.
- Responsibility for developing and distributing regular reporting of compensation activity to the business.
While this list illustrates some of the key responsibilities, your desire to learn, grow and lead will shape how the role develops.
The perfect person will have:
- 3 - 5 years of compensation experience.
- B.S. in: business administration, accounting, finance, human resource management or organizational development.
- A working knowledge of HR Systems and related reporting (Workday experience is a plus).
- Knowledge of federal & state regulations pertaining to compensation structure and design.
- Experience in project management, equity plan administration, and development or administration of expat or global mobility programs (preferred not required).
You will excel in this role if you:
Are a self-starter that proactively identifies opportunities and takes the initiative to find solutions.
Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work effectively as a member of cross functional Human Resources teams.
Are detail oriented and possess excellent data assessment and analytical skills.
Adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and manage priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
Have the ability to maintain highly confidential information in a professional manner.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: state of the art fitness facility, Walgreen’s pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day and holiday policy.
- Various associate engagement activities throughout the year including intramural sports leagues.
- Paid days off for community service.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, Tom Cat, Ortho, Round Up, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.