What Compensation contributes to Cardinal Health
Human Resources designs, implements and delivers human resource programs and policies, including recruitment, talent management, diversity and inclusion, compensation and benefits, among others. This function anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs in alignment with business strategies
Compensation designs and administers competitive compensation programs to attract and retain employees, drive performance and results, and provide rewards for individuals and teams. This job family sets policies and structures around a variety of compensation types, including base pay, short-term incentives, long-term incentives and deferred compensation, and communicates policies to managers throughout the enterprise.
- Leads compliance initiatives in key areas such as minimum wage, pay equity and other state or local legally mandated requirements.
- Responsible for process improvements related to our case management triaging via Service Now.
- First tier responder for consultation requests submitted to the Compensation team.
- Leads assigned processes related to the enterprise-wide annual compensation planning cycle.
Provides Workday and analytical support to compensation partners, including but not limited to the following:
- Job code creation
- Market pricing analysis and activities
- Ad-hoc compensation analysis requests
- Salary structure review and implementation in Workday
- Performs all compensation data audits to ensure accuracy in Workday
- Provides compliance and analytical support across the Total Rewards COE, as needed
- Key partner on simplification and/or process improvement projects
- 2-4 years of Compensation and/or Human Resources experience or related field preferred
- BA, BS or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail—critical eye for data accuracy
- Excel experience strongly preferred
- Workday knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Interested? Learn more here!