SECTION I: POSITION SUMMARY:
The Compensation Analyst is a member of the Total Rewards Team and supports the design, implementation, administration and communication of of COPC’s compensation programs. Ensures compensation programs are competitive and cost effective by participating in compensation surveys, analyzing market data and recommending pay changes. This position partners and collaborates with with Human Resources team and managers to evaluate jobs, pay and internal equity. Collaborates on projects for new and existing compensation programs. Closely interacts and collaborates with other Total Rewards and Hurman Resources team members.
SECTION II: POSITION(S) SUPERVISED: N/A
SECTION III: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development, design, implementation and administration of compensation programs, policies and procedures to support the business strategy. Collaborate with Total Rewards Team on compensation related projects.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of COPC’s compensation structure, including salary grades and ranges. Ensures compensation remains externally competitive while retaining internal equity and alignment with company objectives/policies.
- Provide high quality customer service to support Human Resources staff and managers to create competitive offers; resolve issues related to the compensation programs.
- Work closely with managers and HR Business Partners to create and maintain job descriptions. Conduct job evaluations for new and current positions. Maintain and audit job title and job code database to ensure compliance with internal practices and accuracy of EEOC codes and exemption status.
- Assist with implementation, administration and maintenance of the Compensation Management and Performance Management modules within the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), including assisting with the design and administration of merit and salary planning processes.
· Participate in compensations surveys, conduct benchmarking and best practices analyses and make salary recommendations. Responsible for maintaining and updating salary survey system (PayScale MarketPay).
- Assist with the development and maintenance of communication and training materials on compensation practices and policies.
- Utilize audits, reports and analysis to ensure compensation programs are administered in compliance with company policies as well as applicable federal and state regulations.
- Develop and maintain reporting needs related to compensation data, as well as other Total Rewards programs. Maintain records and conduct periodic audits, validations, and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and compliance.
· Review Position Control Committee submissions for new positions, backfills and position changes.
SECTION IV: QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Licensures & Certifications
· Required: Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, accounting, finance; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
· Required: A minimum of three (3) years of experience administering broad-based compensation programs, including planning, evaluating and implementing programs, along with project-related work.
· Preferred: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification or working towards certification.
· Preferred: Experience working with wage and benefit governance regulations. Experience in the healthcare industry.
· Preferred: Experience with PayScale MarketPay, as well as UKG
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Working knowledge of building and maintaining compensation structures.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access and database management skills.
· Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
· Working knowledge and experience with HR Information Systems (HRIS) and related reporting.
· Highly collaborative with the capability to build cross-functional relationships.
· Keen attention to detail and ability to self-audit work.
· Ability to multi-task and deliver results.
· Ability to work on a team and display a positive attitude.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently and effectively.
· Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality.
· Possesses customer service-oriented mindset.
· Organized and efficient in daily tasks.
Interested? Learn more here!