The city is seeking a leader with excellent analytical and communication skills for its newly created position of Compensation Manager. The position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and is responsible for supervising and managing the compensation function for the City and responsible for ensuring that City compensation programs are consistently and properly administered in compliance with City policies and all government regulations.
The new Manager will have the enviable opportunity to:
- Create, plan and operationalize both current and future compensation programs in the City for approximately 7,800 employees
- Collaborate with highly supportive Chief of Human Resources and other City leaders who are dedicated to a state-of-the-art system that embraces technology and best practices
- Assess current programs and policies and collaboratively work together with all Departments to build a plan to effect change
- Build a team to support this function
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
•Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in employee compensation planning and policy administration
- One (1) year or more of experience managing staff with strong leadership and team management skills
Interested? Learn more here.