Safelite® Group is a nationwide family of retail auto glass companies - the nation's largest provider of auto glass repair and replacement services. At Safelite®, we are building a people powered, customer-driven culture. With over 16,000 talented associates, we are rapidly growing, evolving and striving to become the Natural Choice for vehicle glass repair and replacement services in the United States.
We drive business performance with an obsessive focus on having talented people who are inspired to deliver great results. Simply put, we believe our people power the performance of our business.
As a result of our growth and commitment to putting our people first, we are introducing the new position of Director of Compensation, as a key member of our leadership team. This role will oversee the design and development of market competitive compensation plans and strategies that enable the attraction and retention of top talent across the US. This individual will oversee a team of professionals who implement programs for Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, Call Centers, and Corporate business segments.
Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards, the Director of Compensation will provide strategic leadership and oversight for all Compensation initiatives and activities for Safelite®, with direct management responsibility for the Compensation team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for development, implementation and management of Safelite’s compensation philosophy and programs for all areas of the Company.
- Manage the compensation team and determine strategic priorities for the group which align with overall business objectives.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the business and HR leaders of each function in order to demonstrate influence and impact on compensation outcomes
- Oversee all aspects of annual compensation planning to include system readiness, communication, and budget proposal.
- Manages market data collection and analyses and develop systems to report salary ranges and changes in local pay markets.
- Responsible for the design of variable incentive programs across the organization. Strong business acumen required to understand the impact of variable compensation on behaviors that drive business performance.
- Collaborate with People Business Partners and centers of excellence (COE) to support and advise managers on compensation related activities such as strategic new hire offers, promotions, etc.
- Develops and implements effective compensation-related communication and training programs to educate all business leaders and associates. Supports HR leaders in comprehensive total rewards overview and ongoing metrics to measure success of all HR functions.
- Recommends proactive courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness across all compensation programs
- Stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation to ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay
- Manages partnerships with all compensation vendors.
- Minimum 10+ years of strategic compensation management experience including 5+ years leading high performing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with Master’s Degree and/or CCP designation – preferred.
- Advanced analytical skills, hands-on experience in compensation analysis and the design and implementation of variable compensation systems, compensation programs, job evaluation techniques, market surveys and compensation administration.
- Experience with stock plans, executive bonus programs, employee relocations and deferred compensation programs, all tax compensation components and SOX reporting.
- M&A due diligence and integration experience
- Consultative and collaboration skills with the ability to recommend and persuade audiences. Strong communication skills, including demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Strong business acumen including ROI analysis in order to proactively assess organizational issues and trends that translate to potential impacts on business
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage performance and develop team members and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Skilled in project management including overseeing large-scale project with national breadth.
Who we’re looking for:
- Brand advocates who go above and beyond to create customer delight
- Honest, hard-working people who lack ego but are drenched in integrity
- An analytical thinker who enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth, high-demand evolving service Company
- People who consistently drive for extraordinary results
- Individuals who like to learn, seek challenges and go out of their way to help others be successful
- Team members who will learn our way of working and come up with innovative ways to make us even better
- Those who want a career, not just a job, and who understand the important role they play in the overall success of our business
What you can expect:
At Safelite®, we are creating a culture that delivers our People Pledge:
- You'll experience great leadership.
- We’ll focus on you first.
- You’ll work with talented people who inspire you to be at your best.
- You’ll become part of a caring culture with opportunities for you to growth both personally and professionally
Interested? Apply here.