The Manager, Restaurant Compensation is responsible for managing all aspects of the compensation function for in Restaurant employee population, including crew members and hourly managers. The Manager, Restaurant Compensation plans, develops, and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with Chipotle's goals and competitive market practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that Chipotle's compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following and supporting Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the development, implementation, and administration of all compensation programs for hourly restaurant employees
- Leads and manages all compensation processes for these employees, including job evaluation and leveling, minimum wage administration, semiannual compensation planning, quarterly bonuses, and annual service bonus
- Develops, defines, and refines a cohesive and competitive compensation strategy and framework by performing complex and extensive external and internal data analyses
- Oversees and maintains all compensation administration software including Workday Compensation Module, and MarketPay; ensures proper configurations for all systems and continually audits data to ensure integrity and accuracy
- Monitors the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
- Acts as internal consultant/advisor to senior leadership and PE staff by providing recommendations and guidance on all compensation related matters, including pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Performs other ad-hoc analyses and designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure restaurant compensation objectives are achieved
- Ensures all compensation programs are compliant with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Human Resources, or related field from 4-year college or university.
- 8+ years of related work experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- CCP or CEP preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Workday experience and knowledge is highly preferred
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has 3,000 restaurants as of February 16, 2022, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2021 lists for Forbes' America's Best Employers and Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With nearly 102,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.