Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
The Internship Program at Greif targets both undergraduate and graduate students and is 8-12 weeks in length depending on the needs of the department and/or intern. To encourage networking, relationship building and organizational learning, we will host a number of internship events over the course of the program including, but not limited to educational roundtables, plant tours and philanthropic activities. Interns will also have the opportunity to interact with and present to Greif’s Executive Leadership Team.
Total Rewards is part of the Human Resource Function at Greif. It is comprised of the Benefits and Compensation departments. This position will work primarily on the compensation side and assists in the development of the company’s total rewards strategy and implementation of total rewards offerings globally. This position will support the design, development, evaluation, documentation, and implementation of compensation and reward programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Total Rewards Team with ad-hoc assignments from Executive Leadership, Human Resource Business Partners, Finance Department, and Compensation Committee
· Develop and implement communications, training, and timelines for compensation programs and processes
· Supports the plans, designs, evaluations, implementation, and administration of compensation programs including base pay and variable pay
· Create and update job profiles and maintain job descriptions in Workday system
· Perform other duties as assign
· This position is for any student pursuing a graduate degree (strongly preferred) or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a junior or senior status.
Knowledge and Skills
· Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and data presentation
· Excellent communication interpersonal and customer service skills required
· Self-starter / self-driven
· Ability to plan and execute projects and tasks with minimal direction
· Ability to work with all levels of employees
· Must be a team player
· Ability to contribute to a high-functioning team required
· High confidentiality and discretion required
· Abundant attention to detail required
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.